Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My all time favorite :)



My all-time favorite book.

I would like to begin with my favorite genre of books and as well as sharing my favorite book. I never really started reading much and my first book I ever read (without being forced to) was the Harry Potter series. I was young then and I really loved it. It was the only book I read back then when I was about 11. Soon, my love for books started to evolve, I loved the way it always took me to places out of this world and to a place where I can be free, in the world of fantasy. That is of course, my favorite genre. There are 2 different book covers, the one i have at home is the first image above. Below is the more common covers you could find at libraries.

When I read Harry Potter I was thrilled and it was soon one of my favorite books, until the day I picked up Terry Goodkind’s bestselling novel ‘Wizard’s First Rule’ (WFR). I used to call it God’s greatest book ever written (no offence to any pious believers). That is the first book of 11 from of the Sword of Truth series and one of Terry Goodkind’s greatest novels. The moment I laid my eyes upon those pages of pristine white, my perception of Harry Potter and how – what’s the correct term again? Miserable? Yes that’s the term. Oh how miserable Harry Potter looked compared to WFR. It is but a candle when WFR is the sunrise. The book encompasses nearly all genres of books combined, though it is actually under the fantasy genre. It has war, love, romance, philosophy and of course fantasy all wrapped up into one. For all those ardent fantasy loving people out there, if you’re looking to pick up a new series and spend hours on end everyday to drown yourself in the living pages of another fantasy, this is a MUST read. Oh yeah, I read the book 3 times.

The book is available at San Bookshop’s around Singapore for about $16. And for more information about what the book is about you can visit this website :http://www.terrygoodkind.com/his_works/wizards_first_rule.html OR if you'd like to know more about Mr Goodkind's other works please visit : http://www.terrygoodkind.com/

Till we meet again, adios.

3 comments:

missvania said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
missvania said...

No larh. Harry Potter is nice. Mm, Maybe I should try reading that first. D:

newmediascapes said...

Don't you think that many young adults are not reading enough?